Re: AIS / Autopilot Conflict

Herbert Lackner

Hi Woody,

your setup seems to be fine. The NMEA200 (SeaTalkNG) network is powerd via the yellow connector from the autopilot controller.  The behaviour that you describe points to a problem in your AIS.  As soon as you connect the AIS (I assume even when it is not powered up) the network goes down and you loose all connections. Try it if the problem still is there if you do not power up your AIS, just connect it to the network. If the problem still is there I assume there is a hardware problem in the AIS (typically caused by lightning if not grounded).

maybe this helps

herbert, KALI MERA, SN120, MX