Re: AIS / Autopilot Conflict

Ross,

I am not aware of a 24v VHF...maybe this explains everythingūüėÄ

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 2:29 PM Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io <southernadventurer=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
We connected the AIS terminals into the 24V VHF terminals. Is there any issues with this as it seems to work fine.

SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356
Currently cruising Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 9:09 PM, Alan "Woody" Wood <woody@...> wrote:

Hi Bill / Rink

Thanks for replying.

Yes the blue caps are terminators.. I presume I have the one not the iTC-5 on the right 'end' of the unit - I tried in one both ends..?
The power is currently coming through the Smartpilot S3 which is 24v which seems to work fine.. until the AIS is added.
I have tried powering the network through the iTC-5 (12v) too but it doesn't help.
I have the wiring apart today trying several configurations.. next is to try powering the AIS from the same battery terminals as the autopilot.
It's just a process of elimination I guess but any suggestions are more than welcome!

Cheers

Woody

--
Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond