modified stern railing on 54 to carry line drums

Martin Birkhoff

Hi all,

inspired by an SM we saw in La Rochelle, we modified the stern railing on our 54. It should be suitable for line drums in the future. Maybe some of you will be interested in the result (see pics).

- The half-modified stern rail ends in the fitting of the previous centre support.

- Both crossbeam tubes can be removed

- Currently the tubes are fixed with quick release fasteners

- If necessary, the quick release fasteners can be replaced by bolts and nuts to create a very stiff connection.

- The previous cable ties only had to be shortened.

The new railing can be completely removed if necessary.

Regards

Martin

Mago del Sur - 54#40

currently Marina di Ragusa, Sicily