Re: Securing a B&G 213 MHU

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Bill;

Great timing on your post.

Our MHU has been a bit “sticky” and would sometime not show low wind speeds. We have to remove and soak in water overnight every couple of years and seems to be OK, until it starts to stick again.

We’re looking at the new MHUs that B&G now offers. They have both a wired and a wireless one.

Wired: https://www.bandg.com/bg/type/instrument-sensors-and-transducers/wind-sensors/ws310-wind-pack20m-cblinterface/

Wireless: https://www.bandg.com/bg/type/instrument-sensors-and-transducers/wind-sensors/ws320-wireless-wind-pack-with-interface/

Do you know if the new wired one can be used in lieu of the 213? Are the connectors the same? Will it communicate with the existing NEMA2000?

We have a complete retrofit of the electronics planed in the next year or two, but it would be nice if we could do this change now,  until the upgrade.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099