From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Alan Leslie
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2022 6:44 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel lost its mast - D1?

The previous owner of Elyse bent a few of those horns, I still have them.
In the 9 years we have owned Elyse we have never had a halyard wrap issue.
We have a spinnaker/gennaker halyard which we use with our gennaker.
It is always stored like this

with chafe protection on the upper shroud, it's tied tightly to the stbd rail aft of the mast.
It does get loose occasionally and needs to be tightened.
This is simple to keep an eye on.
Our Amel has a little notice next to the FOC (genoa) furling switch which says
"Attention aux drisses" meaning look out for the halyards, to avoid halyard wraps.
These are seamanship issues not design issues.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437