Re: PredictWind Datahub

Dan Carlson

Hi Dennis, I'd be interested in what your goals are for this project.

We have the Vesper XB8000 and it provide my navigation systems with GPS and AIS information via WiFi connections.

I also have an Iridium GO/Predict Wind Satellite communications device. That also has GPS and it automatically sends tracking information to Predict Winds tracking site.

From what I just read about the DataHub, it does not have the means to communicate via satellite or cellular data. You need to connect it to some other cellular or satellite communication device.

What it looks like it can provide is the ability to see your N2K network, log data from that and access it from a remote location (if you've set up the required cellular or satellite connection).  I have set up the capability I needed to see my Victron solar MPPT, Victron BMV and Victron Multi-Plus inverter/charger.

It would be good to be clear about what your goals are and then start to creat a map of each of the devices/data bits that you want to connect.and what you want.to log or send to a remote site for access etc.

I am not an expert in this area but try to figure out what I need by plodding along slowly.

I will be interested in where this thread goes.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

On Sun, May 1, 2022, 3:20 PM Denis Foster <deniswfoster@...> wrote:
Hello,

Soon installing the PredictWind datahub. Has someone done this? Are there some difficulties linking to the NMEA network. How does it not interfere with our Vesper xB8000 Ais wifi network?

Thanks for your advice in this task that intimateds us.

Regards.

Denis