Re: On board fire suppression systems

JOHN HAYES

Hi Paul

Can’t answer you questions but have a similar arrangement in our engine room. I’ve been trying for 3 years to find a replacement in NZ. If you do find a supplier I’d be grateful if you could let me know details.
Best
Nga Waka
Wellington

On 3/05/2022, at 9:56 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Paul,

That's surprising. I think that he should know. I believe the system design requires that the starter cartridge in the engine room requires replacement and the large CO2 bottle recharged. The company I last used in Singapore had no problem doing both. Maybe something has changed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, May 3, 2022, 05:20 Paul and Deb McDonald <bungendore@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I am having on board fire suppression systems tested and recertified but the technician does not know anything about the automatic/remote firing mechanism installed on the fixed Co2 cylinder located in the cockpit locker.

Would anybody be able to provide schematics or any further information about this fitting?

Photo attached.

Thanks,
Paul.

sv Mari