Re: Stress crack main sheet boom attachment Maramu

Dennis Johns

Ours was worse than that.  The single purchase to the middle of the boom resulted in metal fatigue and our boom actually broke in half.  We now have three purchase points on a new boom.  I would recommend you do the same to further distribute the energy.

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu 121

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 10:31 AM Alex BAIZEAU <alexandre.baizeau@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone, during a routine inspection we notice a couple of stress cracks where the main sheet connects to the boom on our Nirvana boom, Maramu 86.

See attached pictures.

Is it something that has happened to anyone else? I’m wondering if someone already had this fixed and how.

Thanks for your input!

Alex Baizeau

Maramu #207, 1986