Re: Fresh Water Tank cleaning with isopropyl alcohol

I recommend the submersible pump for 2 reasons:
  1. The boat's freshwater pump can be used, but it is probably not rated for continuous use. I say probably because the original pumps installed by Amel in the SN, SM, 54, 55 & 50 are not rated for continuous use, and how do I know what the previous owner(s) replaced the original pump with. Although it would not be continuous use, it would be a lot more than normal use.
  2. You should probably have a pump similar to the RULE 1500 to 3000 GPH submersible pump for lots of other reasons, including most insurance policies currently require more than the capacity of the gray water pump.
Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 8:08 AM Gregory Dmitriev <41greg.marine@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,
looks clear, but why you recommend to use submergible pump instead of regular fresh water pump? If the chlorine solution (very diluted, like  5% of 1L ->50g to 900 L -> 0,005%) will go out through black water tanks and the bilge, would it also give extra disinfection?

Thx,

GD
A54 172