Re: Fresh Water Tank cleaning with isopropyl alcohol

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi Mohammad & Aty,
Please, what’s the brand and type of this monster pump.
Professional firefighters equipment?
Thanks for Info
Best
Ulrich
Soleil Bleu A54#088

Am 12.05.2022 um 19:44 schrieb Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>:

We carry a 220 V trash pump that pumps about 2000 liters (500 gallons)/minute for emergencies. It is designed to continue pumping even with trash and other items that may be floating around, fits through the fresh water tank opening and empties out the entire 900 liters under a minute with a fire hose. We did weigh the risk/benefits of the 220V vs 24V and felt the risk of high voltage with a pump designed to work in wet and submersible environment, was worth the benefit of moving a considerable amount of water volume. It can be run off of the inverter and with the generator and full tank of diesel, the pump can run for days. We may also pick up a good 24V pump, to have both options, since they do not take much room. When you look at how much water can come in, even from a small hole/crack, being able to move a high quantity of water, provides valuable extra time to effect repairs.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099