Re: Fresh Water Tank cleaning with isopropyl alcohol

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

👏👍

Am 12.05.2022 um 20:51 schrieb Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>:

Hi Ulrich;

Picked it up from an industrial supply house in Montenegro. I’m not on board and don’t remember the exact model, but if you search for submersible trash pumps, you should get a few pop up. They are not small but not too large either. Ours barely fits through the fresh water tank access hole. This was important so the cleaning of the water tank is now quick and easy. We did notice some spots on the walls of the tank, added 9 liters of regular bleach to 900 for a 1% mix. Left it for 24 hours , pumped it out with the pump and flushed the tank with fresh water 3 times. Ended up with a spotless tank that looked brand new.

I’ll be on board end of next week. If you have problems finding one, let me know and I can send you a picture of the label on the pump. We also got a long fire hose, so we can place the pump anywhere on the boat. Still hoping that this pump never has to touch salt water.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099