Re: Super Maramu front opening refrigerator

David Vogel

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Eric Freedman <kimberlite.ef@...>
Reply to: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 9:23 am
To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Super Maramu front opening refrigerator

I recently had the knob that holds the refrigerator against the cabinet of the sink pull out of the refrigerator.
It is held in place by a pressed in bolt on the side of the refrigerator.

I decided to make a thin plate about 5 x 10 cm with a nut welded to the back of it and then screw the plate into the refrigerator. Possibly with some 4200 added.  Does anyone else have another solution?

Years ago, there was a double wire gadget to lock the door in place on top of the refrigerator to hold the door open. I saved the gadget but forgot how it held the door open.  One end obviously was held in place with a machine screw  on the top of the door.
Near the other end there is another machine screw. However, there is a pin that sticks down from this gadget and I forgot how it works as the pin ripped up the sheet metal of the top of the reefer years ago. Does anyone remember this item, and how it works?

Please reply to mailto:Kimberlite@...   as I cannot receive gmail on my boat.

Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376