Re: A54 with new Elvstrom sails

Peter Forbes

Laurens,

They look amasing - well done.

Can you give me a price for the Yankee sail - that’s the only one I need at the moment?

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango -Amel 54 #035
Lymington UK
0044 (0)7836 209730

On 17 May 2022, at 12:24, David Dickman <jdd91656@...> wrote:

Hi Laurens,
  Could you please provide more info on where these sails came from?  Are they dynema cloth from hydranet or some other cloth?  I like the cut from the images.

Best,
    david on Galini
     A54-100

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 6:05 AM Laurens Vos <laurensrineke@...> wrote:

Attached some pictures from our new Elvstrom sails on our A54 Fun@Sea

We’re happy with them and they do what was promised.

Pointing appr. 5 degree higher, less heeling when sailing to windward and a bit faster to windward  specially when very light wind.

As you can see on one of the pictures the main and mizzen are having much more sail area in the top what probably create the above.

Rolling in and out the mast goes very smoothly as the battens are round sticks with a carbon top part.

How they will last in the long term time will to tell.

Laurens Vos
A54 Fun@Sea
La Rochelle

A2D8CA8D-D1D8-4DF4-95DF-0C7F6EDD564A.jpeg

C557F3FB-3719-456C-8C11-B9B9FE0AA89B.jpeg

701BF2D2-5428-4C35-9B4E-3DD81AD7942C.jpeg