locked Re: tb/AMEL 54 outhaul protector burn out Mid Atlantic/AYOG

Laurens Vos

Edited

I think bothering about the correct Amperage for the fuses and for the TOP is secondary.

The main IMPORTANT thing is that that TOP  - NEVER EVER - would melt or go in flames !!
 (are they made in Italy ?)

When it detects an overload it need to trip but NOT MELT !

To my “wooden shoes theorie” it’s better to loose your electrical  motor due to overload as getting a fire on bord.

I’m not an electrician but isn’t it better to take this dangerous things out ?
That circuit is already protected by a trip-switch and a fuse isn’t that enough ?

Laurens

A54 Fun@Sea #72
La Rochelle