DANNY
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 25/05/2022 02:01 Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:

Bob,

I just had mechanic on my boat and ask about your issue. He said that he is almost sure that problem is oil cooler. He said that is common problem on Volvo D3.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Vladan
SV PAME
A54 #157

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Grey via groups.io <renaissanceiii@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 2:35:58 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Oil in coolant tank

Bill, definitely engine oil, the head on the D3 is cast iron and the Block is alloy with inserts, It has had a shutdown or two due to intake blocks but with the auto shutdown at 98 deg wouldn’t have expected damage though.

The cast iron head is probably less prone to failure than the block. Im hoping it’s a gasket but can’t see the normal gasket symptoms.

Bob Grey
Renaissance III

--
Vladan