Replacing engine mounts while boat in the water

Raul Schleier

Hi all,

I want to replace my engine mounts, Vetus coupler and the C-drive mounts and then re-align the whole thing on my SM2k with a Yanmar 4JH3-TE.  I’ve read/downloaded everything I could find on the forum and in Bill’s book with regards to replacing the engine and C-Drive mounts but I can’t figure out if it is possible/safe to do this operation while the boat is in the water.  The water is getting cold here and I’m not too keen to take a forced swim inside my boat…..

Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks

Raul Schleier

SV Seabean, SM2K-344

Marsden Cove, NZ