Re: Replacing engine mounts while boat in the water

Dan Carlson

We had all of those done while in the water in Martinique.  Can't think of why you would have water in the boat for those items.

Good luck, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, sv BeBe,  SM #387,

On Wed, May 25, 2022, 7:16 PM Raul Schleier <raul.schleier@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to replace my engine mounts, Vetus coupler and the C-drive mounts and then re-align the whole thing on my SM2k with a Yanmar 4JH3-TE.  I’ve read/downloaded everything I could find on the forum and in Bill’s book with regards to replacing the engine and C-Drive mounts but I can’t figure out if it is possible/safe to do this operation while the boat is in the water.  The water is getting cold here and I’m not too keen to take a forced swim inside my boat…..

Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks

Raul Schleier

SV Seabean, SM2K-344

Marsden Cove, NZ