Re: AGM batteries - voltage falling

michael winand

Looking like a cca  cranking test. Not a capacity test over 20 hrs at 5 amp discharge.
Michael  Nebo sm251

On Sun, 29 May 2022 at 2:40 am, CW Bill Rouse
<brouse@...> wrote:
Even the test shows that 3 of the batteries should be replaced (à remplacer). I believe you need to replace all of them.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 9:45 AM Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> wrote:
Bill

hi-res images bellow:

IMG_9562 2.jpegIMG_9563 2.jpegIMG_9567 2.jpegIMG_9566 2.jpegIMG_9568 2.jpegIMG_9564 2.jpegIMG_9565 2.jpegIMG_9561 2.jpeg

Thank you

José Alegria
A55#003MERIT
josealegr@...
Mobile: + 351 91 866 30 37

On Sat, 28 May 2022 at 16:16, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
I am sure that you have one or more bad batteries. I could not read the battery test results on the pieces of paper.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 7:30 AM Bruno COTTE <cotte.bruno@...> wrote:
Sorry to say it can be a bad battery

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 28 mai 2022 à 13:18, Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> a écrit :

Bruno

22 months !…

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037

No dia 28/05/2022, às 10:55, Bruno COTTE <cotte.bruno@...> escreveu:

How old are your batteries ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 28 mai 2022 à 10:51, Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> a écrit :

Hi Jose,

12,9V after 20hours of charging does not warranty that battery capacity is 110Ah if the batteries are rated to be 110Ah. Your measurement after you disconnected charger are showing that battery capacity much lower than rated 110Ah. This is why you have 22V in the morning.
Maybe you should record charging current as you are charging now. Maybe one measurement every 15 minutes. The voltage and charging current. And when you disconnect charger measure the same. Keep your loads at minimum. Fridge, freezer..
Talk to Mastervolt technician,  he need to know that something went wrong with your batteries to prevent this happening again.

--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Croatia