Re: AGM batteries - voltage falling

Bill Kinney

Normal practice is to consider a battery as due for replacement when its capacity drops to less than 80% of the original nameplate.  It looks like the MasterVolt testing has flagged each of the batteries that tests as less than 80% as needing to be replaced.  I agree with the advice that the bank needs to be replaced as a whole.

The problem is that we really do not know why they failed so early.  Something is not right in the system.  What ever batteries are put in here are very likely to meet the same fate. It might be a good idea to replace these with the cheapest flooded lead acid batteries you can find which will keep you going until you can sort out WHY these batteries died so soon.

Bill Kinney
Sm160, Harmonie
Le Marin, Martinique