Re: How to change the veneer on the companionway without removing the dodger

Johannes Schmidt

Hey Alex, we went for the option to cut out a piece of the rail on the inside (port side) of the sliding door with a FEIN Multimaster blade, then lifted it up and took it out completely. We just got a completely new veneer that's looks excellent. The cut - out trim piece was reseated with some brass - screws, so the door could be easily removed again.

We also found a suitable profile for the lower joint / seal from a car window seal.

Good luck on this!

Johannes