Re: Observation on using 12v Lifepo4 batteries in serial/parallel (probably applicable to lead, too)

Jose Venegas

Scott,
I agree with Dean. Independent of the band, it makes sense that controlling the total voltage of a battery set in series does not ensure that the voltage of both batteries is sufficient to trigger balancing in both. The victron balancer does the trick. I spoke about it to a technician of Battle borne and he agreed with its use. I used to have differences greater than 2% between the two battery voltages of one set during the final part of charging to 100%. Since I installed the balancer the differences have been around 0.1 and 0.2%. I have 4 sets of two 12V 100 ah lithium batteries in series with one balancer.

Jose Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Cartagena