Re: Onan generator does not start

Ian Townsend

I don't have a photo. It's on the port side of the generator, low down. Hard to find. Trace back from the starter.

-------- Original message --------
From: Roland Mueller <rolimueller@...>
Date: 2022-06-16 2:26 a.m. (GMT-05:00)
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Onan generator does not start

Hi Bill and Ian

Thanks for the hint. We’ve checked this circuit breaker already, and it’s on. It seems that the control unit doesn’t have 12v, although 12v are supplied to the generator.
So, we try to find a the fuse, which should be there according to the electrical schema (as Ian suggested also).
We cannot find this inline fuse, even when opening the control unit. Where exactly is the inline fuse? Do you have a photo which shows its location?
We have the Onan MDKDP model, but our manuals are for MDKD.

Regards,
Roland
SM 150, Aventura
currently Reggio di Calabria

On 15 Jun 2022, at 17:44, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

Check out the wire with a spade connector that goes to the electronic fuel pump. Also, inspect the inline fuse to the starter hiding behind the unit.