From: Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378 via groups.io <stevect@...>
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 16, 2022 11:46 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow Thruster maintenance fail

Hi All.
        I replaced the seals on my bow thruster approx 2 years ago same process apart from struggling to find the stews as matured it was an easy process.
On Bill,s recommendation at the time we ensured the replacement seal had the stainless steel spring as the old seal spring showed signs was badly rusting.

The one question I have is the time between  replacing the seals we only use the bow thruster when entering a marina and with covid over the past two years our sailing time was curtailed somewhat.

How often do you replace the seals  every 2 years or  dependant on hours used.?

Regards

steve
S/v Dusk #378