Re: Event: PredictWind Presentation by Keyrn McMaster, Ocean Racer and Executive with PredictWind - Saturday, June 18, 2022 #cal-invite

Tilo & Jeannette Peters

Thanks JB for putting up those questions. I’ll make sure to ask Keryn about those things.

Fair winds!

Tilo

On 17 Jun 2022, at 23:03, Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Tilo, See JB's questions below.

JB, We will try to get answers. When you have time, you can watch the recorded meeting via YouTube

https://youtu.be/ZbDYjps-K3g

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 3:01 PM JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:
Hello,

I won’t be able to attend (sailing right now) but I have few questions

Their product is painfully slow even with average wifi or cell phone, hence the massive Iridium bills.

What can they do to improve downloads? Upgrade their AWS plan?
Avoid fancy graphics and colors?
Avoid Google earth when you search a new forecast point?

Their software crashes too often, do you they have any plans for improvements?

Thanks you,

JB Duler

On Jun 10, 2022, at 16:32, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

All,

I really hope that you attend this zoom meeting!

If you do not know who Keryn McMaster is, you might be interested in these:
About Keryn: https://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/news/sailors-corner-keryn-mcmaster
Video by Keryn PredictWind & IridiumGo: https://youtu.be/v9sCMKxdFa0

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School