Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electrial bilge pump SMM 2000

Stephan Regulinski

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Anne and John Hollamby
<hollamby@c...> wrote:
Message text written by INTERNET:amelyachtowners@...
<
May I suggest that drilling or better punching a hole in the
centre of the
upper outlet flap and using a small countersunk machine screw and
nut to
secure a washer or two on top of the flap to weight it down. I
would have
thought that a hacksaw blade would be too strong and be subject to
severe
rusting.

Regards from John Hollamby Bali Hai SM319
Good thinking. Scratch the hacksaw blade, add the washers. So far,
however, my piece of plastic (cut from a wire tie) continues to hold
up nicely and the pump has now worked flawlessly for several weeks.
Apparently, it only needs a little extra "umph" to get it to close
properly.