Re: Santorin mast height and ICW

Eric Meury

Yes I have taken my Santorin Down The ICW from norfolk - morehead   -  (did not do dismal swamp) - only issue i had was the alligator river swing bridge but that is because i didn't listen to the admiral (wife)    There are a few other places that you will have to do high tide

St Mary's Georgia - all the way to lake worth.  Again there are places to plan for the tide for the depth.

We never had an issue with mast height.

I don't know about any other areas.

Based upon our experience, doing the ICW from norfolk to morehead and then anchoring in Cape Lookout is worth it once or twice.  this part of the ICW is enjoyable and a few of the towns are nice to stop at.  We anchored near Elizabeth city for almost a week because the bridges were out because of high water. - so if you are on a schedule much can go wrong.

ST marys is a great inlet on the east coast.  Going south from here St Augustine is also with doing once or twice.  - past that isn't much fun except to see a rocket launch.    We only went all the way to lake worth once because the mother inlaw was with us.  The santorin can fit under the bridge at stuart florida and we grabbed a ball there when our son was a few months old (he learned to walk here)

I see you are a potential amel buyer -  We sold our santorin this january and it is a great platform.

As far as inside of the Keys and south of miami i did hit bottom in my cheoy lee that was 3.7 draft   -   I was 19 or 20 at the time. and well let's just leave it at that.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 1:43 PM Paul Harries via groups.io <Pharries=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Has anyone taken a Santorin down the ICW along the East coast of US? Were there any problem bridges?
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer