Whangerei, New Zealand recommendations?

Scott SV Tengah

Hi all,

We're headed to New Zealand this Austral Summer and have a load of projects to get done. I know some of you are from NZ and many of you have been there, so I'm hoping to get some recommendations for the following projects:

1) Strip hull to gelcoat and repaint. It seems that in NZ, soda blasting is less common than sand blasting. I'd also like to get the cast iron ballast stripped and recoated. We also want to raise the waterline.

2) Building a hard top for our A54
After this thread, I'm seriously contemplating having a hard top added. The current favored design is something similar to Soleil Bleu
https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/topic/hardtop_for_amel_54/75406304?p=Created%2C%2C%2C20%2C1%2C0%2C0&jump=1

3) Replace motor mounts. Two bolts have broken on our motor mounts so the motor will need to be lifted and the remaining studs drilled out.

4) Acrylic window replacement

5) Solar electrical. We want to add more rigid solar on top of the new hard top.

Currently, we have an appointment for haul out at Norsand boatyard and they're mostly an "open boatyard" except for boatbuilding and painting. For projects requiring those tradesmen, we will need to use Norsand. If Norsand is not a good choice, I'm happy to switch boatyards.

Thanks in advance!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69