Re: C Drive lower prop shaft seals for 1992 Super Maramu

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Michael. forgot to say that when ordering any parts from Amel a photo is your best way of ensuring the correct part is dispatched which is why they request it. While our descriptions may seem clear to us they may sow confusion in translation.
Kind Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 22/06/2022 12:33 Eric Freedman <kimberlite.ef@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

You just must ask for the wearing out bearing and the 3 lip seals for the “C” drive.

They will know what you are looking for. Are you using Gear oil or 15- 40 oil?

If the oil is not milky then I would not worry. Just keep adding Gear oil until you can change the seals and bearing.

I do it every other year when I haul Kimberlite for a paint job.

The seals and bearing are shown in the photo above just forward of the prop.

I would suggest ordering anything else you might need in the future as the FedEx is costly.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 #078 with hull number 0030017SM78 build in 1992
Looks like the cast iron version C Drive

I can order the parts in the US and look for a yard in Tahiti for the install.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

--
Michael Andreas - Maya SM078
Currently Tahiti French Polynesia