From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Eric Freedman via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 8:34 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] C Drive lower prop shaft seals for 1992 Super Maramu

Hi Michael,

You just must ask for the wearing out bearing and the 3 lip seals for the “C” drive.

They will know what you are looking for. Are you using Gear oil or 15- 40 oil?

If the oil is not milky then I would not worry. Just keep adding Gear oil until you can change the seals and bearing.

I do it every other year when I haul Kimberlite for a paint job.

The seals and bearing are shown in the photo above just forward of the prop.

I would suggest ordering anything else you might need in the future as the FedEx is costly.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 #078 with hull number 0030017SM78 build in 1992
Looks like the cast iron version C Drive

I can order the parts in the US and look for a yard in Tahiti for the install.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

--
Michael Andreas - Maya SM078
Currently Tahiti French Polynesia