image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 7:14 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We are having trouble transferring the pics from my phone ,but as I described the fuse is right off the back of the solenoid , I never knew it was there ,and I am pretty sure it was not installed by Amel .

Pat
SM Shenanigans #123

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 22, 2022 7:51 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Onan generator does not start

Roland & Bill, Had a look at the fuse. It was probably an add on, but someone also said they had a fuse. Picture is attached. the wire with the fuse is connected to the same terminal on the back of the solenoid that the power supply is. The wire appears to lead to the panel on the side of the engine that has the switches, which makes sense. I don't know if yours or any other SM has this fuse, but mine does and it blew and preventing the engine from starting. The mechanic went right to it as if he new it was there, fixed it in five minutes.
Hope this helps,
Pat
SM Shenanigans #123