From: jlm@... <jlm@...>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Propellor
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 4:36 AM

Fine, tell me more after this job,
Try to ask him his opinon to increese the power by 1/4 of turn of gas
oil rate,
if possible try that with this guy,
bonne chance
/"tout est possible dans un monde infini"/
jluc

Kent Robertson a écrit :

Thank you again Jean-Luc. Very interesting reading. I'll let you
know what I decide on after I have a Volvo service mechanic look at
the engine one more time.
I am currently in St. Maarten in the lesser Antilles and will be going
north thru the Virgins and Bahamas to the Chesapeake by June 1.
Probably won't get to the Med until after I go thru the Panama Canal
and do the Pacific for a few years.
Again, thank you for your interest and help.
Kent
KRISTY
SM 243

--- On Sun, 3/14/10, Jean-Luc <jlm@jlmertz. fr

From: Jean-Luc <jlm@jlmertz. fr <mailto:jlm% 40jlmertz. fr>>
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
<mailto:amelyachtow ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>
Date: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 12:33 PM

The principle of the injection pump :
http://www.landrove rfaq.com/ download/ file.php? id=293&sid=
91cbea82e8cefc8&#92;
b18eb0f36efecdc39& mode=view
The Bosch book in English : http://www.htsuk. plus.com/ BOSCH_VE_
PUMPS.pdf

1 - If you have air (turbo ok) and gas oil (injection pump ok) you must
have power
2 - My opinion and only mein is that the engine (tmd22) is not in
accordance with my propeller.

To solve MY problem without to pay to much I increase only a very little
bit the power (if you put too much power the cooling system is not
sufficient we have a tmd and not a TAMD),
If you have a engineer culture you can do that by your self if not find
a VERY good mechanical (like one for truck, not necessarily a VOLVO
guy).

Read attached files it will help you to understand your engine,
Hoping that can help you,
are you in the Med area ?
jluc

CB SM316

____________ _________ _________ _________ _____
--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, Kent Robertson <karkauai@.. .>
wrote:

Merci, Jean-Luc,
I already had the injectors and pump removed and sent to Volvo service
center for inspection, cleaning, and adjustment. No change in
performance was noted. After repitching the fixed prop I was able to
get 2850rpms, but only 7.5 kts. After only a month I am now only able
to get 2650 rpm with the same prop. KRISTY is on the hard in St.
Maarten getting a new bottom paint job. I'll be interested to see if I
can again get 2850 with the bottom and the prop cleaned. If it still
max's at 2650 I have to assume that I still have a problem with the
Volvo. I plan to find a Volvo service center on the Chesapeake and have
them evaluate the engine one more time anyway. If I'm back to 2850,
I'll have the autoprop repitched to allow 3000 rpm.

I'm not really clear on your post about "Increase the power (one YOUR
risk) of the engine by changing the injection". I looked at the link
but my French is so bad that it wasn't much help. Have you altered the
injection pump to feed more fuel to the engine to gain more power? At
what "risk"?

Merci, again,
Kent
KRISTY