Whisker Poles needing work

Chris Doucette

Today, whilst rigging the poles the connector popped right off out of the pole.  Lucky me to have thus happen with no harm or foul. Upon quick inspection it appears the rivets have corroded and broke-  So next port its time to replace them.  I suspect the job will require drilling  old ones out and replacing with proper molly coat.

Has anyone accomplished this?  I’m looking for any known rivet sizes and metal to use ( Aluminum or Stainless). I worry a bit about corrosion on SS and also strength on Aluminum;).

Chris SM #385
Amarok