Turkey: Update on Gray Water and Black Water Disposal Requirements

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Dear Ameliens,

An important request to all those who are currently and already this year cruising in Turkey between Bodrum and Kas. Especially in the Aegean, Göcek, Marmaris, (Gulf of) Fethiye with its enchanting bays and caves:
The strict official handling of sewage disposal is apparently currently being tightened further.

The previous blue card regulation no longer applies since May. The new regulation requires an additional grey water tank, which may only be pumped out. Local law enforcement by harbour masters and coast guards has apparently been tightened.

Who of you can tell us the actual current situation and practical handling so that you don't experience any handicaps or have to convert your ship beforehand?
Our Amel vessels are built completely differently, and we have no possibility of converting our grey water sump into a closed tank.
Any information and experience is helpful and much appreciated, there is a lot of uncertainty and also local arbitrariness.

Best thanks and always fair winds.

Ulrich
S/Y „Soleil Bleu“ /A54#088
currently Leros GR