Re: Wind instruments connected to front lighting circuit!

Ian Park

Seems very odd. I’ve only ever inherited Raymarine instruments and their power comes from a red and ground wire direct from the display unit.
The second point is I’ve never had water in that drip tray. You should take the inspection plate off at the bottom of the mast and make sure you have a ‘drip loop’ in each wire before it goes up and over into the wiring tube. Also ensure the drain hole at the foot of the mast is not blocked. This ensures rain water down the mast never gets as far as the drip tray. I’ve just had my masts put back up and re-rigged so I know I have to do the drip loop in the mast after I’ve finished wiring up again.
Good Luck

Ian ‘Ocean Hobo’