Fixed vs. Folding Prop

Bernd Spanner

Hi,

I would be interested in your opinion on the following.
I have a SN with the standard fixed propmfor the shaft gen. However the ideling prop goes on my nerves when sailing. Sailinf should be quite and not disturbed by this wowowowo noise. Of course you can put the gear in reverse an stop it. However you lose 0,5 to 1 kt which can make quite a difference in long stretches. And with developments in time the shaft alt might not be top of the game any more.
I consider changing to a folding prop….
Your input and opinion would be highly appreciated.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Greece