Re: B&G instrument covers and new ultrasonic speed sensors?

Rink De Haan

Hi all,

Since the original sonic speed sensors are out of production, very expensive and technology from 2 decades ago, why not opt for the new airmar sonic sensors? The are also not cheap but fit in the depth sensor fitting - at least it did on my #330 hull - and you have up to date technology. Same for the old instruments. Sooner or later you will have to change to NMEA2000 or STNG.

I complete changed all instruments to new Raymarine including radar. It’s a relief when it alls works together without an issue.

Cheers
Rink

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 28 jun. 2022 om 19:03 heeft CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> het volgende geschreven:

Stu,

This is the number of the sensors you need:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 8:58 AM Stu and Lana Holmes via groups.io <stulana=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Hi everyone:

I am looking for replacement instrument covers for my 4 B&G analog displays. Mine are beginning to fall apart.  Maybe someone out there has a few that they are willing to part with for the right price?  They don’t have to be perfect, just serviceable.  Or any suggestions of where to buy these new?  We are in the Mediterranean currently, but will be heading to the Caribbean in December.

Also, I am looking for replacement B&G ultrasonic speed sensors.  They are difficult to come by, but I am wondering if someone out there bought some as spares, but don’t intend to use them.  I would make use of them

Thanks!
Stu Holmes,

SM 373, Oyai