Re: BOW THRUSTER .Replacement cover does not align

Paolo,

The reason to only use the new cover that comes with the new gears and the prop shaft is that the new cover will correctly align the prop shaft gear to the vertical shaft gear. Mixing new and old will misalign things resulting in severe damage after only about 10 minutes of operation.
image.png
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 3:26 PM PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> wrote:
A late answer to Bill Kinney: unfortunately your wise recommendation (never drill through holes in the back plastic cap)  came in too late: I phoned immediately the shop but they were already beyond the no return point. However they point out that a) they reproduced exactly the drilling depth of the old cap and b) there is no trace of oil leaks - new o-ring and appropriate sealant. It is now 4 days I observe the assembly and everything seems ok, but certainly this is not a guarantee for the future.
Short: I do not know if the old cap ( and drillings) was still the original  or there has been a wrong intervention by the previous owner.
Little I can do now, only time will tell
Bests
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad