Re: Fixed vs. Folding Prop

Craig Briggs

Edited

Hi Berndt,
My recollection of studies on this are that locking the prop in reverse is actually faster than letting it freewheel, seemingly counterintuitive but actually the case. (I think that was a Practical Sailor study.)
Be that as it may, I changed mine early on to an Autostream feathering prop. That is the Australian "knock-off" of the Max-Prop done in cast stainless steel rather than bronze and about 30% less costly. After 23 years it is still in perfect condition.
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL