Re: Faux deck stain

Richard Dallett

Thanks, I will try it.

Richard

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:22 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Faux deck stain

Richard,

I have seen acid or products with acid like On-OFF cause this to the colored Gelcoat faux teak. I think if that is the cause there is no reversing unless you can remove just the top surface of the Gelcoat. If while trying the following you see white, you have gone too deep.

Gelcoat can be compounded. My European friends refer to it as polishing. Some people in Texas refer to it as polishing with rubbing compound. Specifically, the process I am talking about is actually removing the top layer of the Gelcoat.

I like 3M Super Duty Rubbing Compound. You might also try 2000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 1:24 PM Richard Dallett <dallettrichard@...> wrote:

I have some spots where the color is gone from the faux deck, almost like drops of bleach hit it. Is there any stain that can be applied to restore the look?
RichardDallett
Mamba
A54/68