Re: B&G instrument covers and new ultrasonic speed sensors?

Teun BAAS

Hi Stu,

If the 4 analog B&G displays are the same as those on the AMEL 54 (and I guess they are) then those sun covers are out of production. In April and May 2022 I tried ordering here in AUSTRALIA as well as checking the internet and none to be found. Through a B&G dealer friend we were able to locate 8 x the H3000 (rectangular) sun covers in the AUSTRALIA B&G inventory of which I bought 5 (I have 3 of those H3000 units on board although only 1 possibly will be in the sun ).

To solve the problem on the 4 analog old style B&G covers I decided to replace the complete units with 4 TRITON units and ordered at the same time extra sun covers. One of the considerations to replace the existing (still working) B&G units was that the cable connection @ the back is getting brittle and sooner or later they will fail.

Although the TRITONS were ordered early May, promised to be here late May and then June they still have not arrived. Now the promised date is July 11, 2022 @ the dealer. BTW this dealer has 40 TRITON on order and so far unable to get them from B&G AUSTRALIA.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

HOPE ISLAND MARINA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

July 3, 2022 15:37:47