Re: Flat copper cable in the greywater bilge (Sm2000)

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Lorenzo,

Your question: "...the nut on the bottom of the bilge takes only copper wire or even the keel?"
Answer: The 30mm nut attaches the ground strap to the keel.

Your question: "I can unscrew it without consequence?"
Answer: Yes, no problem in removing

Your question: "And is this copper cable the link between all ground cables to sacrificial anodes on rudder?
Answer: Yes, all Yellow/Green ground wires lead to the top of the ground cable in the bilge...AND... one wire leads from the top of the ground connection to the sacrificial anodes on rudder.

The original ground cable was made of flat woven copper mesh. I could not find an exact replacement, so replaced it with 1/8" (4mm) thick copper that was 2" wide (5cm).

We will be in Italy in about 2 years...hopefully we can meet then.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2, #387
Currently Malaysia

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "ferruccilorenzo" <ferruccilorenzo@...> wrote:

Dear Bill, thank You very very much!! You were very kind, remember when you switch from Italy to write, I will welcome you!

Concerning the issue, the nut on the bottom of the bilge takes only
copper wire or even the keel? I can unscrew it without consequence?
And is this copper cable the link between all ground cables to sacrificial anodes on rudder?

Thanks again, Lorenzo (SM2 # 420)
Now in Italy (500 ft from home) :)

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "svbebe" <yahoogroups@> wrote:

The copper strap is the boat's ground system. You need to replace it.

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2, #387
Currently Malaysia

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "ferruccilorenzo" <ferruccilorenzo@> wrote:

Cleaning the bilge water gray today I found this cable copper plate that appears between the broken bolt on the bottom of the bilge and the other piece that goes on top. I have no idea of what it is, you know what? This may be due to the fact that he turned on the indicator "masses -" indicating a dispersal?

SM2000 No. 420

Thank you very much, sorry 4 my bad English, I'm italian!