Re: Fuel Stick Specifics
Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
Here's some info from my SM#23, which may be different from yours.
1. With the bottom of the stick resting on the bottom of the tank, the top of the stick comes up the fuel fill and ends just inside the fuel fill cap. I suggest measuring yours to be sure of the proper length. From memory, it's something like 1.5 meter long x 4cm wide x 5mm thick - I can check mine when I get back onboard later in the week.
2. Again from memory, there are holes every few centimeters and liters marked in 100-liter increments every handful of holes. Will need to measure mine to be sure.
3. Nothing. There's a short loop of string tied through a hole at the top of the stick to make it easier to grab.
4. Polycarbonate is my guess?
5. Make one out of hydrocarbon compatible material and it can be your long-term solution. PVC or polycarbonate would be my choice over metal or wood. I know some sailors have used old sail battens or scrap pieces of carbon fiber tubing before.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
SV Trilogy SM23
On Wed, Jul 6, 2022, 12:43 PM Tony Elliott <tonye@...> wrote: