Re: Santorin - Genoa furler lost his teeth!! :(

JOHN HAYES

Hi Ricardo

My 1991 santorin had a problem

I found a company that had the kit to cut new gears. The first issue was to locate a lump of bronze of the correct composition from  which to cut the gear.

Once the big bronze gear was then recreated we had to go to a different company to cut a new worm drive.

And we were lucky because there are very few companies in New Zealand with the machinery to undertake this work.

The cost of the complete rebuild was nz$5500 5 years ago but the furler has worked perfectly ever since

John hayes
Nga Waka
Wellington

On 11/07/2022, at 2:34 AM, Riccardo Reato <rreato@...> wrote:

I have sent an email to SAV, let's see what they say.
Thank you for all the info Bill.
I will keep on updating this post with news.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64461) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [johnhayes862@...]