Re: Still have current when ignition is off

Exactly as I thought might be true. Someone has worked on an isolated component.

I believe that you will find that Amel insulated the alternator from its mounts, therefore isolating it mechanically from the engine. It is highly probable the person mounting the new alternator either did not know about this or ignored it. Check to see if there is continuity between the alternator chassis and the engine block.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 3:37 AM CARINA HAMMARLUND <syultimo@...> wrote:
Hi again
My mistake, today we have a Mahle 28v/110 amp.
ISKRA was the original alternator that we changed in Tahiti after it started burning during motoring …
--
Carina
SV Ultimo