Re: rot in the anchor lockers

Craig Briggs

We had the same problem in our Santorin #68 - basically the same fix, but I also made a louvered cover for the access hole in the forward bulkhead. That gives good ventilation to allow the area to dry and totally matches the Amel woodwork. Obviously the bulkhead is no longer watertight, but I simply put the original solid cover back on when we make passages and use the louvered cover all other times.
Cheers, Craig s/v SANGARIS in Monfalcone

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "sailw32" <sailw32@...> wrote:
... the top of the locker ... delaminated and falling down into the anchor locker. ... the anchor locker gets wet and has no ventilation. Pat SM 123