Re: Removing Interphase thru-hull ?

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Paul, ours was removed to be replaced with a newer model. It was on insurance so fitters did the job. They cut the external section off and then used a hole saw from the outside to release the thru hull section. Then they inserted the new transducer. I wasn't doing the job so I don't know what they used to seat the new one. I would assume a sikaflex. 7 or 8 years ago and no leaking or any issues. It was quickly done.
Kind regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 26/07/2022 11:43 Paul via groups.io <paulguenette@...> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to remove the original, (2004),  Interphase thru-hull transducer, (while I am hauled out).

I am wondering if anyone else has completed this task ?

Tips, tricks, advice, warnings, …. ?

thank you in advance.

Paul Guenette
Aramis