Re: Going LiFePo

Andreas Stuben

Chris is correct with his list.  The process can be started ahead of time, meaning you can convert your alternator to support LifePo4 before you install the batteries.   I also like to suggest to get the needed cables and software to for example program your solar charge controller.

I have asked our insurance company ahead of time about lithium.  I was told that the batteries and BMS must be CE certified.  Your company may has other requirements so reach out to them to find out.

Our batteries are on order and only our Wind generator still needs to be reviewed.
--
Andreas SM078 Maya
Currently Taha'a French Polynesia