Re: Sea Chest Issue

Ken Uber

  here's a photo of an early SM Sea chest.  and an additional one beside it .
 IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 11:10, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Mark,

I do not have a good photo of the early sea chest like yours. Here is a SM2k. You can see that Amel modified it as compared to the way the Vestus sea chest comes from Vetus (2nd photo). You are probably going to want to buy a new Vestus sea chest and make a manifold from PVC Fittings.
image.png
image.png

If you are interested, here is a Primary Saltwater Manifold made by SOFOMARIN, France. I would require a new Vetus Sea Chest and mounting the sea chest slightly higher because the outputs are lower. It was designed for an A54, but maybe it will work for you. More info in this file, including the invoice:

image.png
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 7:36 PM Mark Garver via groups.io <mgarver=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Since I finally got my bonding strap replaced and think all of the bonded Items, today I decided to begin the fun task of replacing many of the hoses, at least the HVAC ones and once again clean up the Sea Chest. As soon as I touched the lower HVAC water hose, it just fell away from the sea chest, the metal barb or connector disintegrated and most was in the hose. Are those connectors threaded into the sea chest? If not how are they connected. Is this repairable, or do I need to buy a new sea chest? If I need one, does Amel still stock these for older Super Maramu's? Also, there is a larger output from the sea chest at the bottom, what does that one feed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a couple photos, where you can see the bottom hose no longer attached.

Best,

Mark Garver
SM #105
Gloucester Point, VA