Alternator stopped working

Ben Levy

Hi everyone,
It looks like we have yet another problem with our maramu.. Tonight as we turned on the engine we realised that both alternators (the original one on the engine and a bigger one which was added later I guess) were not charging the batteries. When I checked with a voltmeter, the output was 7V for one and 1.4V for the other one?!? Anyone has any idea where to start with this?
The bigger alternator has a brand new charge controller.
Our batteries are busted and were meant to be replaced tomorrow.. 90Nm away from where we are.
We have been running the shaft alternator a lot over the past few days (I still didn't figure out how that one is wired to the system).
We have been running the engine and therefore the alternator a lot over the past few days as our batteries a no longer holding charge.
The voltage supply to the alternator is 12.4V

Anyone has an idea?
Cheers
Ben