Re: Lewmar V4/V5 shaft lip seal

Scott SV Tengah

Nick,

I won't be able to service it until after that date, so if you could send the seal specs once you get back to Amelia, I would appreciate it!

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022, 14:01 Nick Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Scott
I believe that the shaft pulls up and out.
Sorry I do not have the seal specs at hand. I go back to Amelia  September 8.
 Nick

On 14 Aug 2022, at 23:40, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

I have been to Fiji many times pre covid. Services at Vuda Point are excellent. Baobab Marine are a big well staffed and stocked company, but they are not the only firm.. I would expect lip seals and bearing stocks to be reasonable. If not shipping from NZ or Australia is quick, or it was pre covid.
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl.
On 15/08/2022 10:06 Scott SV Tengah <scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Thanks Nick!

Do you happen to have the seal specs? I have a friend coming from the US and would rather get the seals beforehand in vitron with a stainless spring vs. hope that they have it in Fiji once I pull it out.

Just to confirm - the shaft drops DOWN into the bow locker?

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

--